IHOP French Toast: The IHOP Thick N Fluffy French Toast is one of the fluffiest Artisan Bread recipes that generally come smothered with some thick coat of vanilla and other interesting toppings. This particular recipe is very famous and helps you start your day with the goodness of some bomb buttery syrup.
This is a classic sweet dish of French origin that is bound to trigger your taste buds. Well, if you are interested in trying the famous IHOP Restaurant Style French Toast Recipe at your home then this article will help you recreate the same with very simple ingredients and procedural steps.
In this article, we will also share with you some important tips to make your copycat IHOP French toast dish as authentic as possible with zero mistakes. Let’s quickly jump into the article now.
- How To Make The Best Bread For Your IHOP French Toast?
- Here Is The IHOP French Toast Recipe with Ingredients and Preparation
- Ingredients needed for IHOP French Toast
- Preparation of IHOP French Toast
- Best Tips To Remember While Making IHOP French Toast Properly
- How To Store IHOP French Toast Properly?
- How To Get The Best Toppings For Your IHOP French Toast?
- FAQs on IHOP French Toast Recipe
To begin with, the base of your IHOP french toast needs to be perfect so that you can go along with the other steps including the garnishing and the toppings. The base bread is the foundation of your toast that includes a standard sliced sandwich rich in flavors.
Here is the list of best bread that you can opt for to make the base of your IHOP French Toast:
- French Bread- A loaf of French bread is going to serve you the best if you love a little chewiness to your toast. The good part about this bread is that it is slightly sturdy making it best to soak up the appropriate amount of milk and egg mixture and keep it steady for a long time without being soggy too early. Slice your bread loaf diagonally to get larger slices.
- Brioche bread- This is by far the king of all the loaves of bread that you can opt for here. This bread is a fuller version of the classic Pullman Bread that gives a sturdy crust as well as a soft fluffy crumb that helps in soaking up the appropriate amount of custard without making it too watery. Try buying this bread as complete loaves instead of the pre-cut ones so that you can control the thickness as per your recipe.
- Challah- This type of bread is yet another sweeter and buttery form of Brioche that is perfect for people who have a sweet tooth and love consuming their toasts a bit creamy and sweet. This bread typically doesn’t contain any dairy product hence is best for people allergic to Lactose and dairy.
This bread is not as sturdy as French bread hence can soak up a fair amount of milk and egg mixture of custard without breaking apart. Toasting the bread properly will give you a delightful dish that is fragrant, fluffy, and soft.
Now, let us have a crisp idea of what are the exact ingredients that you need to prepare in order to make your IHOP French Toast properly along with a step-by-step guide that you need to follow to prepare it.
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Granulated sugar
- 6 slices of thick bread
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt according to taste
- Half a cup of milk
- Syrup for Topping (you can use the other toppings mentioned above as well)
- 3 spoons of melted butter to grease the skillet.
A step by step to preparing your IHOP French Toast properly is mentioned below:
- To begin with, take a large bowl and beat eggs into it until smooth and foamy.
- Next, add in some Vanilla, flour, milk, salt, and sugar and mix everything very well to a smooth product.
- Now, heat a large skillet over medium heat and make sure to coat it with a brush of butter before that.
- Next, dip the bread one slice at a time into the batter you made above and coat each side thoroughly.
- Furthermore, you need to cook this coated bread for 2-3 minutes or until they are golden brown but avoid overcooking them so that they don’t get burnt.
- You’re done! Now serve this French Toast with butter, syrup, or toppings of your choice, or make sure to try out the options mentioned above for a better idea.
In this section we will mention some proven tips and tricks that are going to help you accentuate the authentic French Toast flavors as well as make it soft and crumbly at the same time to eat:
- To make sure the density of your French Toast is ok, you will have to ensure that the ratio of Eggs to Milk is set right. To get a denser toast add more eggs, whereas, to get a lighter and fluffier toast pour some more milk.
- If you are using Challah for your French Toast, make sure to not add any extra sugar to it to avoid oversaturating the sweetness, and try pairing it up with tangy, salty, or other savory meats to balance the flavours out.
- Do not use freshly baked egg because it is going to be too soft and supple and will become soggy when dipped in the batter. Try using bread at least one day old.
- To avoid burning your French Toast, try using neutral vegetable oil instead of butter as it has a higher boiling point that gives your toast plenty of time to cook properly without getting burnt. To add the buttery flavour you can garnish some melted butter on top once the bread is toasted.
- Make sure your bread is as dry as possible from the beginning so that it can soak up most of the flavours. To make this happen, let your bread slices outside dry at least overnight.
- To get a crispier crust add a dust of flour to your egg and milk mixture. This ensures a crispier outside and a softer and more succulent inside.
To store leftover French Toast properly, first cool them down completely on a wire rack and then place it on a sheet pan to flash freeze for a couple of hours. Once frozen solid, you can shift them to a covered airtight freezer-safe bag and put them back in the freezer. While reheating, microwaving at medium heat for about 30 minutes would do.
The perfect IHOP French Toast is incomplete without its classic set of toppings. The below-mentioned 10 best French Toast toppings will give you bread that is a perfect balance of all the flavors and is sweet and savory at the same time:
- Shredded Coconut- This can be used as a healthier alternative to powdered brown sugar as it helps in adding a tropical twist along with classiness.
- Strawberries and Blueberries- The natural tart taste of berries will definitely pair with your creamy syrup well and end up with an amazingly balanced dish.
- PB&J- These are basically known as brown paper bags that are tasty and burst sweetness to your French Toast.
- Sunny Side Eggs- This topping will give you a super wholesome combo that guarantees you strength and energy right at the start of the day. For this, you need to fry up 2 eggs and slide them into your toast to give a boost of protein as well.
- Rice Krispies or Cap’n Crunch- These works are especially amazing for kids. They give the toast a slight crunchiness with Crispy flavors without making it too hard for the kids.
- Peanut Butter and Banana- We know that the combination of these two is good for people who not only want to cater to their sweet tooth but also balance their protein and another macronutrient intake, especially on a diet.
- Bacon- Adding some salty, spicy, and savory meat to your French Toast will not only complement its sweetness but also give you a super wholesome meal for your guests.
- Cinnamon- This is yet another classic topping that immediately sparks up your boring French Toast with a classic, spicy flavor.
- Pecans- You can try adding some crunch to your toast by adding some pecans to it that not only guarantees supple flavors but also don’t overpower the toast’s inherent taste.
No, IHOP does not have a stuffed French Toast combo any longer but you are definitely going to find some other better combinations to try out from their menu.
A complete IHOP French Toast is going to provide you with 300-340 calories but you can limit the amount of oil used in it and use shredded coconut instead of powdered sugar as a healthier and low-calorie alternative.
The original IHOP French Toast consists of Vanilla extract, Flour, a touch of Salt, and sugar instead of just whisking together some eggs and milk.
Yes, IHOP French Toast does provide you with syrup but it completely depends upon what you order.
IHOP syrup is generally made up of a combination of water, salt, natural and artificial flavors, fructose corn syrup, sodium hexametaphosphate, potassium sorbate as a preservative, and caramel color.
From Pancakes to Crepes, Waffles to French Toast, this particular IHOP French Toast Recipe, has been one of the most age-old recipes that caters to the needs of people from a wide range of preferences. If you are bored one fine evening and want to recreate a super unique recipe then this IHOP French Toast is straightforward, going to be worth it.
This recipe requires a very simple set of ingredients and gets ready in just about 10 minutes. Make sure to follow the steps mentioned in this article to recreate your copycat IHOP French Toast recipe in its best version possible. Stay tuned to our site for more interesting articles like this.