Chicken Fajitas Seasoning and Marination can be so easy once you check the recipe below. People can’t keep them away from eating chicken fajitas at dinners. As they found seasoned ready-to-cook chicken fajitas at the supermarket. As we all know how supermarket stuff is affecting our healthy lifestyle. If you want to avoid any type of health issues prior then opt for cooking the chicken fajitas at home.
Homemade chicken fajitas can take extra 5-10 minutes of yourselves but provides good health and satisfies your soul too. So, we have shared every bit of information about the chicken fajitas recipe right from what it is to tips & tricks. Jump into the post without delay!
- About Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Ingredients Used In Making Chicken Fajitas
- Steps On How To Season and Cook Chicken Fajitas Perfect?
- List Of Amazing Fajita Toppings That Should Try
- Advanced Tips To Make Fajitas Perfect
- Best Ways To Store Leftover Chicken Fajitas
- FAQs On Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
One recipe that can make your dinner meal best is the chicken fajitas. It is a colorful and juicy textured dish that is perfect for a dinner party. Also, chicken fajita is a versatile dish that can be prepared in less time when you have a handful of ingredients like veggies, seasoning spice, and toppings.
For more data on ingredients and their process, jump into the next modules. When anyone is looking for a yummy dinner meal suggestion that can impress family members, the chicken fajita recipe is the one I would like to recommend as it takes only 30 minutes to make.
Whenever we plan to make any food the main work that has to be done is gathering all the required ingredients on your kitchen floor. To make the process easier for you we have curated the list of items needed for chicken fajitas below. Do check them and collect the ingredients in the specified measures.
- Four Tbsps of Canola oil and split into two portions
- Two Tbsps of Lemon juice
- One and a half tsp of seasoned salt
- One and a half tsp of ground cumin
- One and a half tsp of dried oregano
- One tsp of garlic powder
- Half tsp of paprika
- Half tsp of chili powder
- Four green onions, thinly sliced
- Half tsp of crushed red pepper (optional)
- Six flour tortillas (8-inch size)
- Half medium size green pepper and sweet red pepper
- Half a cup of onion (chopped)
- One to Half pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
Items like chicken breast, red pepper, and green pepper should be sliced into thin strips. Now, you know all the ingredients required for making the chicken fajitas so jump into the next module and look at the procedure to cook it.
Here are the simple steps to be followed for making the finger-licking chicken fajitas at home:
- Start with preparing the things at the first step before making the tastiest fajitas. For that, all you need to do is cut the veggies like bell peppers into strips and chicken breasts into two slices.
- Let’s begin with marinating the chicken pieces using oil and seasonings in a bowl.
- Cover the marinated chicken strips bowl with a lid and place it in the fridge for at least 1-4 hours.
- Now, take the iron skillet or any heavy skillet and heat up at low-medium flame and add two tbsps of oil to saute the vegetables.
- First, add the chopped onions and then the peppers. Saute them evenly until they get barely tender.
- Once it’s done remove them from heat and keep them aside with a lid.
- Now, take out the chilled chicken from the fridge and squeeze or drain it before cooking.
- Add those chicken to the oiled skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes over medium-high heat. When the chicken changes its pink color to light brownish color later add the tender peppers and onions to the skillet again.
- Now, cook veggies with the chicken and make them all tender and juicy.
- Add the spices as per the choice along with toppings. Transfer some of the cooked mixtures into the corn tortilla and warm it with filling. Enjoy!
The following list of toppings can be tried to serve with the fajitas mostly so why not try them once with your chicken fajitas for enhancing the taste of it:
- Salsa or salsa verde
- Hot sauce
- Flavored salsas (such as mango salsa)
- Sour cream
- Pickled veggies
- Shredded cheese
- Pico de gallo
The following points will add some extra flavors to your dish and provide the best results:
- Proceed with low carbohydrates by adding lettuce to it.
- Cast-iron skillets are the best ones to cook the fajitas.
- Make sure to cut the veggies and chicken evenly sized.
- Don’t rush with chicken while cooking.
- You can even use steak or tofu or paneer or portobello mushrooms in the replacement of chicken.
- If you don’t like peppers then opt for other nutritious vegetables such as carrots, beets, mushrooms, radishes, and spinach.
- Add enough amount of oil while roasting as it prevents sticking the meat on the skillet.
We have never faced a situation like storing the leftovers when the menu includes chicken fajitas because everyone loved to have them to the fullest. But sometimes we cook a large batch of fajitas as a safe side. Probably, at that time will have leftovers right?
The only solution for this is storing the leftovers by freezing or cooling methods. Check below for learning how to store it properly:
- Store the leftovers in the fridge when it comes to room temperature.
- Transfer them into an airtight container and toss them into the fridge. It can last fresh upto 4-5 days.
- When the leftovers are filled with fajitas filling in the tortillas then take out the filling separately and store it in the fridge.
- If you have prepared & cooked fajitas for the long run then freezing is the perfect solution.
- Frozen fajitas can stay fresh for up to 3 months. For that, you have to freeze the filling in a freezer-safe bag or container tightly and label the date and quantity.
The word fajita means a little strap and it originated from Faja. Also, it falls under Tex-Mex cuisine. You can use any meat in the fajitas when you stripped grilled chicken along with flour tortilla and different savory fillings then it is called chicken fajitas.
There are plenty of variations and side dishes that go well with chicken fajitas. So we have tried to mention some of them here as a list for your knowledge. Do check below:
- Mexican street corn
- Corn fritters
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Mexican rice
- Black Beans
Another name for fajitas is arrachera and both of them are referred to a skirt steak.
Chicken searing should be done on a cast iron skillet for making fajitas as it helps the chicken to be tender and juicy. If not an iron skillet then you can opt for the stainless steel pan to cook perfect chicken fajitas.
When you are ready to eat the leftovers take out the chilled fajitas from the fridge and put them in the microwave or on the stove over low to medium heat. In case, you want to reheat the frozen leftovers of chicken fajitas then thaw it first for a few hours or overnight and then reheat it on the stove or oven till it gets warm.
No one would say ‘No’ to this easy Mexican chicken fajitas recipe on weekday nights. So learn the recipe with the help of our guide on how to make chicken fajitas and try it at home for serving at the next dinner night. Keep on following all the directions and tips mentioned above and make the best recipe that impresses everyone at your end.
Also, keep on sharing your thoughts, suggestions, compliments, mistakes, and experiences with us from the comment section below and help us to continue more like these recipes. If you have any recommendations on dinner recipes do tell us and will try to update them soon at our website @canfoodgobad.com. Meanwhile, bookmark our site and grab the other recipe information published recently.