Sweet Potato Frittata: By listening to this name you may this it may be some snack that is unhealthy but you are not correct. It is a breakfast for the people who think to eat healthy food. And the cooking time is also less which is the happiest for many people. And also it is rich in protein, and you can happily store it in the refrigerator and have a bite when you are hungry. This recipe is the most delicious and healthy filling breakfast for your family and for your guests.
Look into this article as we are going to provide you with the complete recipe for sweet potato frittata, along with some other important information like tips, storage, and many more!!! Let’s start cooking!!!
- How To Make Easy Sweet Potato Frittata?
- Ingredients Needed To Make Sweet Potato Frittata
- Preparation Process of Sweet Potato Frittata
- Variations That You Can Make in Healthy Sweet Potato Frittata
- Tips To Make Sweet Potato Frittata
- Nutritional Benefits of Sweet Potato Frittata
- What is the difference between a quiche and a frittata?
- Are sweet potatoes healthy for breakfast?
- What pan do you use for a frittata?
Frittata is a type of omelet or it is similar to an omelet but it is fluffier than an omelet. You can make the frittata with any type of vegetables, bacon ham, and sausages. Making this frittata is very easy and very quick and it just needs very less ingredients. We will look into the recipe below.
We are going to provide you with the ingredients that are needed to make this sweet potato frittata at your home easily. Look into the list of ingredients below.
- Sweet Potato – 1 Large
- Thinly Sliced Red onions – 2
- Feta – 100grams’
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper – according to your taste
- Parsley which is finely chopped – Handful
- Eggs – 6
- Garlic Cloves – 2 finely chopped
- Nutmeg – a pinch
Here we are going to provide the preparation process for sweet potato frittata step by step easy to make at home.
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 190 degrees C fan.
- Take a sweet potato and prick the sweet potato with a fork and bake it for 40 minutes, or until it is cooked. After that keep it aside to cool down.
- While sweet potatoes are in the cooking process, heat the oil on the stove at low-medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add the onions to the pan and cook them for 10 minutes.
- After that, add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Once it is done, crack the eggs into a bowl, crumble in the cheese, and whisk the egg by adding the nutmeg, parsley, and seasoning.
- After the sweet potatoes and onions are ready, scoop the potato flesh into a bowl and dollop the pan on the top of onions as a layer.
- Next, pour the egg mixture over and cook for 5 minutes until the eggs set around the edges of the pan.
- If it is completed, transfer it to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm, or cold.
By boiling the sweet potatoes you can make this recipe or even shred the sweet potato and you can cook the recipe. Along with this recipe, still if you want more healthy breakfast ideas that are tasty in vegetarian you can check out these High protein vegan breakfast recipes.
Here we are going to provide you with some important variations and substitutions that you can add to your sweet potato frittata.
- When you are making this sweet potato frittata, you can add more vegetables like broccoli and many others.
- Even you can change the cheese type as it gives a different flavor.
- You can add the milk the higher you like as the frittata will be good with a rich taste.
- Even you can add soy milk or almond milk instead of normal milk.
Have a look at these tips and tricks to follow to make a sweet potato frittata.
- When you are using sweet potatoes in the frittata, you can grate the sweet potato just by scrubbing your sweet potatoes cleanly without peeling the skin even if you cook the sweet potatoes just scrub and cook and smash them after cooking.
- By removing the skin you may miss so many proteins and fiber.
- If you do not have an oven you can just use the stove by heating it very low.
- As it is tasty if it is hot or cold and it is a great addition to lunch boxes.
Read More: Egg White Breakfast Recipes
As we have told you above, this is a healthy breakfast and it is very good for your health, even we are providing you with the nutritional benefits too, by these even persons who are on diet can eat by looking at this list.
- Protein – 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat – 5g
- Calories – 265kcal
- Sodium – 166 mg
- Saturated Fat – 8g
- Vitamin A – 9787 IU
- Calcium – 87 mg
- Potassium – 641 mg
- Carbohydrates – 17g
- Iron – 3mg
- Polyunsaturated Fat – 2g
- Fat – 16g
- Vitamin C – 60mg
- Trans Fat – 0.03g
FAQs on Vegetarian Sweet Potato Frittata
Quiche has a crust and is more pie-like than a frittata. And this frittata is a fluffy omelet, and quiche and frittata use more similar ingredients.
Yes, sweet potatoes are healthy for breakfast as sweet potato is full of fiber, and healthy carbohydrates, and it has several vitamins and minerals.
To make the frittata you can use a heavy stainless steel pan or a cast iron skillet. Using a cast iron skillet, can hold the heat well and cooks evenly.
As you have seen the complete recipe of sweet potato frittata we hope it is an easy and healthy breakfast recipe if you are looking for the best healthy breakfast recipes. You can cook it in less time and it needs only simple and few ingredients. By reading the article, still, if you have any doubts you can comment to us in the comment section.
For more interesting articles like TikTok cinnamon rolls and many others, you can bookmark our canfoodgobad.com website.