Can Coconut Water Go Bad: In summer, coconut water is always a hot favorite. After a long hot day, your body is probably calling out for the cooling effect of this popular drink. So, you are just about to open up when you realize you have had it packed away for a pretty long time. And now you will get the question in mind, how long does coconut water last, can coconut water go bad? Experts always warn that coconut water should not be stored in bottles for more than two or three hours. Is that real? To know answers to all these questions. Just check out our article.
In our article, we have covered all the answers to your questions, just spend a couple of minutes on our page and know about the shelf life, storage tips, and signs of spoilage. Just start reading!!
- What is Coconut Water?
- Can Coconut Water Go Bad? How To Tell If Coconut Water Went Bad?
- How Long Does Coconut Water Last?
- How To Store Coconut Water?
- Can You Freeze Coconut Water
- Things that You Don’t Know About Coconut Water
- Will drinking bad coconut water can make you sick?
- How long can coconut water last in the fridge?
- Why does my coconut water taste sour?
Basically, coconut water is found inside the young, green coconuts. The transparent liquid inside coconuts is coconut water. The interior of the coconut contains liquid and pulp which make up the endosperm that feeds the plant embryos of trees. Young coconut liquid is preferable than ripened coconut liquid. Coconut water has a sweet, nutty flavor that is naturally refreshing. Coconut water contains nutrients, antioxidants, and medical properties.
Yes, as it is a drink, coconut water can go off. No need to feel surprised about this as it is food, sooner or later it will spoil. And also many of us do not know how to tell that the coconut water has gone bad. Here we are going to provide you with some signs to know that coconut water has gone bad easily.
If you drink fresh coconut water it has a pleasantly sweet aroma and a refreshing nutty taste. Once the coconut water has gone bad, you will see the change in look, aroma, appearance and smell.
- If coconut water has gone bad, you may feel a strong smell which is bad.
- And coconut water will become thick, and the taste will be sour.
- If you have any carbonation in coconut water, throw it out.
Important Note: Sometimes due to antioxidants in water if the water interacts with light, water will turn pink. But that pink water is definitely safe to drink.
Coconut water usually comes with a best-by date on the label. Coconut water has a fairly long shelf life. The shelf life of coconut water depends on many reasons like the processing method to retrieve water and how the coconut water is stored. Like sports drinks and soda, unopened coconut water will last at least a few months past that date. But we cannot able to determine how long it will last exactly. Once the coconut water is opened it starts to lose its quality quite fast.
Look into the shelf life of the coconut water below.
|Coconut water (unopened)||Best by + 6 months||Not Recommended|
|Coconut water (opened)||Not Recommended||3 – 5 days|
By storing the coconut water properly you can store it for a long time. And coconut water should be stored only in the way you have bought them. We need to store coconut water similar to Gatorade.
- Store the coconut water in a cool, dark, and dry place. For this, the pantry is the best place, or the kitchen cabinet also works.
- The product which you buy in-store consists of water and some coconut-derived sugar or it’s simply all-natural coconut water. And it’s shelf stable.
- To retain the quality of coconut water for longer, keep the bottles or tetra packs away from sunlight and sources of heat.
- Once the coconut water pack is opened, keep the remaining leftover in the fridge by sealing it tightly. As the cans or tetra packs of coconut water are not resealable, pour the leftovers into the air-tight container, if you don’t plan on finishing the beverage on the same day.
Yes, you can freeze the coconut water if you cannot consume all of your coconut water before it expires, but after thawing that coconut water, it will not taste that good, and you probably won’t be that happy about the flavor. If you want to freeze an unopened bottle of coconut water there is no reason to freeze it. As it has a pretty long shelf life.
We are going to discuss many interesting things that we do not know about coconut below.
- By drinking coconut water, you can prevent kidney stones.
- In coconut, we have a good source of nutrients.
- A young coconut may have 200 to 1000 ml of water. It depends on the size and type of coconut.
- By drinking coconut water you can lose weight.
FAQs on Does Coconut Water Go Bad
Yes, drinking expired or bad coconut water can make you sick. But it is not a serious issue, you may feel nauseous.
Coconut water can last in the fridge for up to two days. But it is always good to finish the coconut water as soon as possible.
Coconut water tastes sour if you left that water at room temperature of 25°C, as various oxidative reactions and fermentative reactions occur.
Hope that the information that we have provided about “can coconut water go bad?” is beneficial and helpful for you. Coconut water is a delicious drink filled with potassium without excess calories and with lots of health benefits. By storing the coconut water for a long time, you can retain its quality for longer. Still, if you have any doubts you can comment to us in the comment section. Stay connected and bookmark our site for more interesting updates.