Sour Cream Coffee Cake: Would you like to have a sour cream coffee cake for your breakfast or brunch as it is a healthy option and looking for a recipe? If yes, you came to the right place. Sour cream coffee cake is always healthy as we make it with healthy wheat flour along with that it is moist, soft, and fluffy. Even if it does not take much time to make. It will good to have along with coffee.
Look into the article below for the complete recipe for sour cream coffee cake along with some other important information like tips and tricks, variations, storage, and many more. Once you make this recipe and serve it to your family and they will ask you to make this cake again and again. Without further delay, check out the recipe below!!!
- What is Sour Cream Coffee Cake?
- Ingredients That You Need To Make Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- How To Make Sour Cream Coffee Cake?
- Tips & Tricks To Follow While Making Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- How To Store or Make Ahead Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Nutritional Information about Old Fashioned Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- What can we substitute and use in place of white sugar in a sour cream coffee cake?
- What can we serve with this sour cream coffee cake?
- Can I make the sour cream coffee cake with streusel nuts?
Sour cream coffee cake is a coffee cake and do not think that it was made with coffee. As it is served with coffee it is often called coffee cake but there is no actual coffee in it. Even when you are preparing it you can also make it egg-free, if you dont like to mix the eggs in it. As you are using sour cream, it makes the cake soft and moist. Instead of using this sour cream you can replace it with Greek yogurt or hung curd.
Sour cream coffee cake is the best version of coffee cake. Here we are going to provide you with the ingredients that you need to make the sour cream coffee cake.
- Sour Cream
- Sugar and flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar Topping
- Vanilla Extract
Have a look at the complete instructions to follow on how to make the sour cream coffee cake easily at home.
- Firstly, you need to preheat the oven to 350°F and then grease and flour the tube pan.
- Take a bowl and add all the wet ingredients like eggs, butter, and sugar and whisk them well
- Take another bowl, add the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix it well until it is combined.
- Add the butter mixture and flour mixture to another bowl by adding sour cream to it.
- Combine all of the topping ingredients, stirring until evenly crumbly.
- You need to spread half the batter in the pan and sprinkle with half the topping mixture.
- Then again repeat the remaining batter and toppings.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake the coffee cake for 30 to 40 minutes, or insert a toothpick into the center of the cake if it comes out clean, then it is ready.
- If it is a glass pan it may take an additional 5 to 10 minutes to bake through completely.
- Once the cake is cooked don’t remove the pan from the oven immediately, just wait for 10 minutes and then remove it.
- Once after removing it from the oven, loosen the edges, and carefully turn it out of the pan.
- Finally serve it hot or once after it is cooled at room temperature.
- Krusteaz Coffee Cake
- Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake
Look into some of the tips and tricks to follow while making this sour cream coffee cake is provided below. Check out them carefully, implement and get good results.
- When you mix the batter, do not overmix the ingredients because by overmixing the cake will become dry.
- Keep an eye while the cake is baking once it is turned brown just check whether the cake is ready or not.
- Once after completion of the cake in the oven, do not keep it in the oven for more than 10 minutes.
- Measure the flour correctly and add to the mix because, if the flour is too much the cake may become dry.
- Cake batter should always be thick.
When it comes to storing the sour cream coffee cake is very simple, but before storing it anywhere just wait until it cools down completely at room temperature. After cooling down, place it in an air-tight container and store it on the countertop, so that you can store it for upto 2 days. But if you store it for more than 2 days you can store it in the fridge.
Still want more shelf life, then freeze it in the freezer. But before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag, just double-wrap the slices well. Like this, you can store for upto 3 months. When you want to eat it remove from the freezer or fridge and thaw it overnight on the counter top and serve it in the morning.
Even this recipe can be added to the make-ahead breakfast recipes because, even if you want to eat fresh, you can make this cake at night and enjoy it in the morning.
Here we are going to provide you with nutritional information so that even the persons who are on a diet can eat this recipe.
- Calories: 300kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 136mg
- Potassium: 110mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 18g
- Vitamin A: 350IU
- Vitamin C: 0.1mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
FAQs on Best Ever Sour Cream Coffee Cake
You can replace white sugar with brown sugar when you are making sour cream coffee cake.
You can serve this sour cream coffee cake along with coffee like hot coffee, cold coffee, Korean Dalgona coffee, or masala chai.
Yes, you can make this coffee cake with streusel nuts, and even if you dont like them, you can replace them with granola, rolled oats, or seeds.
Hope that the information we have provided for making the sour cream coffee cake is very useful for you. If you make this recipe at home just comment to us below about how it turned out. Still, if you have any suggestions to provide, feel feel to share them in the comment sections. If you like the recipe share it with your friends and family on social media.
For more interesting recipes like the joy of cooking banana bread, get in touch with our official website.