Krusteaz Coffee Cake Recipe: Are you feeling moody in the evening time and want to change it? Then this Krusteaz Coffee cake is the best and worth trying evening snack or a party-specific treat for any kind of situation. Not only does it come with a basic cake mix but also can be paired with several different options like pancake mix, blueberry, muffin, etc.
In this article, we have covered how to make the perfect Krusteaz Coffee cake in detail with proper ingredients and procedural steps along with some other variety of recipe ideas that go amazingly with the Krusteaz cake mix. Can’t wait to try something new? Let’s quickly roll and find out what these interesting recipes are.
- Here Is The Krusteaz Coffee Cake Recipe With Ingredients & Preparation
- List of Other Variations of Krusteaz Coffee Cake
- Nutrition Facts Of Krusteaz Gluten-free Coffee Cake
- Best Tips To Remember While Preparing Krusteaz Coffee Cake
- How To Store Krusteaz Coffee Cake or Any Coffee Cake?
- FAQs on Krusteaz Pancake Mix Coffee Cake Recipe
The Krusteaz Coffee cake is an amazing 3-ingredient cake recipe that is moist and buttery to taste. This recipe has a chunky and crumbly texture due to the Cinnamon streusel and is filled with goodies to make it an ultimate fall treat. If the ingredients are mixed in the right ratio and proper steps are followed then the aroma and taste are defined as dying for.
Now, let us look at the ingredients that you need to arrange before making Krusteaz Coffee Cake as an evening snack dish:
- 5 cups of Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Instant coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Here is a step-by-step guide to creating the most perfect Krusteaz Coffee cake ever:
- To begin with, start preheating your oven to 350 degrees and in a large mixing bowl, combine 4 cups of pancake mix with sugar.
- Next, in a separate bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, milk, and Vanilla and whisk gently to mix all the ingredients into the batter.
- Now pour the wet mixture mentioned above into the dry ingredients of the cupcake mix and sugar and give it a good store so that there are no lumps left.
- Next, pour half of that combined batter into a 9×9 butter-greased baking pan and keep the other half of the unused batter aside.
- Now, combine 1 cup of pancake mix with butter, cinnamon, coffee, brown sugar, and salt and stir it gently to have a crumbly after product.
- Add half of the crumbs on top of your unused batter, mix it along with the wet batter in the greased pan, and spread evenly.
- If you have crumbs left, you can freely top them up later on the batter.
- Now bake this set up in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes and then put a toothpick inside to check whether it is coming out clean or not to make sure whether your cake has baked properly or not.
If you have loved the recipe for Krusteaz Buttermilk Coffee cake that we have mentioned above, then the following are a few variations of the same that you must definitely not miss out on:
- Cinnamon Apple Pecan Krusteaz Crumb Cake
- Krusteaz Cranberry Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- Skillet Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Krusteaz Pumpkin Cheesecake Rolls
- Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins
- Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Cupcake and Muffin Mix
- Sour cream coffee cake with Dark Chocolate and Crumb topping
- Lemon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Raspberry Coffee Cake with Summer berries
The Cinnamon Swirl Crumb Cake is a must-try if you loved the previous recipe. This recipe specifically gives out a very strong cinnamon flavor that goes perfectly with the swirling cream to give a super delicious after-product.
If you are a lover of the sweetness of Blueberries, then the Krusteaz Lemon Coffee cake is a must-try for you. This recipe is super tasty, has a super simple ingredient history, and gets ready in just 40 minutes.
The Krusteaz Coffee cake has 180 calories per serving of 14 in a container. The total fat is 3 gms with 1 gm of saturated fat in it. This mix has 0 cholesterol and 240 gms of Sodium and 36 gms of total Carbohydrate. This recipe is unfortunately low in dietary fibers and high in added sugars. The Krusteaz cake mix provides 1gm of protein per 14 servings and is rich in Calcium and Sodium.
Now that we have shared with you the steps to bake the Krusteaz Coffee cake properly, there are a few important tips that you need to remember while cooking. These tips are:
- Ensure to not over-mix the batter or else you will end up with a tough and dry cake.
- Settle your eggs at room temperature if you want to get a smoother batter as cold or frozen eggs do not incorporate easily.
- Make sure to not over-mix the Cinnamon Streusel ingredients because what we aim to achieve is a crumbly mixture, not a paste.
- If you are using a muffin tin for the cake shapes, do not forget to coat them with proper liners or grease them with ghee, butter spray, or flour.
- Once the ingredients have been mixed together, bake the finished batter as soon as possible. This is because chemical reactions might start to seep in once the baking soda and water come into contact with each other.
- If the area where you are living is at a high altitude one or 5000+ ft above sea level, ensure to add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour along with 1 tablespoon of water extra to the batter before baking.
Now, you must be wondering whether you can make your Krusteaz Coffee Cakes ahead of time and then store them to be able to consume them in the future without the need to make the whole preparation again.
Well, to preserve your cake properly, the best technique is to keep it in cold temperatures. This technique will also save you when you have sudden guests at home and need to serve them something delicious and gaudy instantly.
If you are planning to consume your cake within the next week, then the refrigerator is the best option, if you are planning to preserve it for longer, you must freeze it. In either case, you must keep your cake properly covered in a sealable airtight freezer-safe bag and cover it with a layer of aluminum foil, if you are freezing it, for better protection.
Now, when the time comes to consume the preserved cake, here are the tips to defrost it properly:
- Let the cake thaw in the refrigerator the night before and once completely thawed, microwave it at the lowest setting for just about 20 seconds.
- If you are freezing a cream cake, ensure to add the frostings later on while thawing, because they tend to dry up in the freezer diluting your cake.
Also Read More:
To get a perfectly baked moist cake, try baking your Krusteaz Coffee Cake for 45 mins maximum and additionally double check by inserting a toothpick inside to see whether it comes out clean.
Coffee cakes generally differ from ordinary cakes due to the streusel topping that gives it an extra nutty and chocolate flavor as compared to normal fruit cakes.
Though coffee and crumb are quite confusing as they have similar tastes but have a big difference in texture because the coffee cake is topped with a layer of crumbly streusel whereas a crumb cake is a half cake and half crumb.
If you have mistaken the ratio of the wet and dry ingredients (flour and water )then the moisture level of the cake will impact and it will dry out.
To soften a dry baked coffee cake, you can soak it with a couple of teaspoons of milk, frost it, refrigerate it, or simply brush your cake with a syrup glaze to prevent the layers from getting too dry.
Wrapping up, the Krusteaz Coffee Cake Recipe is definitely an amazing picnic treat and is super easy to prepare as well. These coffee cakes do come with a variety of customization options to choose from, as per your preferred flavor mix.
We hope you found this article interesting yet informative at the same time. Ensure to try this recipe at home by minutely following all the steps mentioned in this article and do stay tuned with us for more such interesting recipes.