Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls: Looking for an easy breakfast recipe for your holiday baking or on a cozy fall morning then preparing caramel cinnamon rolls are perfect. As they are very delicious you can enjoy them with a mug of coffee or tea. Not only with breakfast you can have them for your lunch, snacks, and dinner too. These cinnamon rolls can be topped with many variations like pecans, cheese frosting/icing, and many more.
The best thing about this recipe is it does not take much time. Look into the below article, to know the caramel pecan cinnamon rolls recipe, how to store it, the best tips to follow while making, and many more are discussed. Read on to know More!!
- Preparation Needed Before You Make Cinnamon Rolls
- How To Make Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Make a Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Dough
- Salted Caramel Sauce Filling For Cinnamon Rolls
- Cream Cheese Frosting For Cinnamon Roll
- How To Roll Cinnamon Dough To Make Cinnamon Roll
- Follow Some Tips When you are Making Your Cinnamon Rolls
- Variations On Fillings of Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- How To Store Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- How To Freeze Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- How To Reheat the Frozen or Stored Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- What to serve along with the caramel pecan cinnamon rolls?
- How to thaw frozen caramel pecan cinnamon rolls?
- How to know that the caramel pecan cinnamon rolls are proofed well?
When we are preparing to make the caramel pecan cinnamon rolls recipe, we make some preparations before we start making it, look into some of the preparation tips to follow while you start to make cinnamon rolls.
- When you think of adding dry active yeast use instant yeast so that you can make the dough without any late.
- As you need all to be at room temperature, put the cream cheese and butter out of the refrigerator.
- If you would like to add carrots to your rolls, pre-shredding will save a lot of time.
- As milk should be warm, not hot, make it before and keep it aside.
We will look into the steps that we need to follow to prepare caramel pecan cinnamon rolls. Making this is easy and can prepare them within an hour if you follow our steps. With the below recipe, you will get 10 cinnamon rolls.
As every one of us knows we need to prepare dough to make caramel pecan cinnamon rolls. Follow the below steps to prepare a perfect dough.
Have a look at the ingredients provided below to make dough.
- Instant yeast – 1 Tablespoon
- Milk – 1 1/4 cups
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Eggs – 3
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour – 5 1/2 cups
- vanilla bean paste – 1 teaspoon
- Shredded Carrot – 1 1/2 cup
- Melted Butter – 1/2 cup
Look to the below steps to prepare the dough.
- Firstly, as we have already mentioned in the preparation steps, take warm milk and add sugar and yeast to it then stir it well.
- Keep it aside for some time, so that the yeast will activate.
- Then, take a stand mixer with the paddle attachment then mix it by adding the eggs, butter, salt, bean paste, cinnamon, carrots, and 2 cups of flour.
- Once after completion of that, add the yeast mixture and the flour mixture to the bowl and mix it well with a dough hook.
- Add flour once it starts to form a dough. Knead with your hand if needed.
- After it mixes completely well, check the dough is not sticky as it should not stick to your fingers.
- If it is ok, keep the dough aside.
Once after completion of preparing the dough, prepare a salted caramel sauce for filling the rolls. Check the below process to make it.
Check the ingredients that are needed to make caramel sauce filling.
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 stick
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- cinnamon – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped pecans – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Heavy cream – 1/4 cup
Here is the step-by-step procedure to prepare a caramel sauce filling.
- Firstly, place the saucepan on the stove and add butter, brown sugar, and cream and keep the flame on low.
- Stir it continuously until the butter is completely melted.
- And then turn the flame to medium and leave it for some time about 5 minutes without stirring it.
- After 5 minutes, once after starting the bubbles remove it from the stove.
- Sprinkle the salt flakes and stir the sauce well.
- Now, keep it aside until it cools down completely.
Look into the complete process of making frosting for cinnamon rolls is given below.
Below are the ingredients that will help you to make cream cheese frosting
- Cream Cheese – 1 block
- Unsalted Butter – 3 Tablespoon
- Confectioners Sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla bean paste – 1 teaspoon
- Heavy Cream – 1/4 cup
Following is the step-by-step process to make cream cheese frosting.
- As we already mentioned we need all the ingredients at room temperature, so we have kept the cream cheese and butter out of the refrigerator
- So, take those two ingredients and whisk them until it becomes creamy.
- And after that add butter and again mix it well.
- Add the whipping cream and pure vanilla bean paste by mixing the cream continuously.
- Now add sugar and whip ingredients until it becomes smooth and creamy.
Once after completed making all the dough, filling, and frosting everything that you need to make cinnamon rolls, just look into the steps that you need to make rolls.
- Take a cutting board or wooden board and grease it with some oil or ghee.
- Now take the dough and stretch it to the board size in a rectangular shape.
- Pat the dough to get an equal thickness through the shape.
- Then, brush the dough and spread the caramel sauce on the dough completely and sprinkle the chopped pecans and sprinkle sugar slightly on top.
- Now, roll the dough and cut the dough slice into 2-inch sections
- Bake the rolls by placing them in the oven or place them on a warm heat pad.
- If you are using a heating pad then, cover the top with the wrap and dish towel.
- If you are using the oven, just preheat the oven to 200 degrees F for 3 minutes. And then shut it off put the dough bowl inside the oven and close the door.
- Let it cook for 20-25 minutes or wait until it rises.
- Once after completion, just add the frosting on the top as it is optional.
Read More: Joy of Cooking Banana Bread
Here are some of our top recommendation tips and tricks to follow when you are making cinnamon rolls easily to get the best results.
- When you are mixing the dough if it is too hard and dry, add 1/4 tablespoon of water until it reaches to the right consistency.
- If the see that the dough is sticky, add some flour and mix it until it gets the right consistency.
- Even if you make the dough using the dough hook, knead the dough for 5-10 minutes with your hand too. So that the dough will rise when you bake it.
- If you don’t have a rolling pin spread with the hand or use a flour-covered wine bottle.
- Don’t skip proofing, as it will help to rise the cinnamon rolls.
- When you cut the cinnamon rolls use unflavored dental floss.
- Use canola oil for making dough, if you don’t have that you can replace it with vegetable oil.
We are going to provide you with a list of filling types that you can use instead of the filling that we used in the recipe.
- Instead of pecans used in the filling, you can use other nuts like almonds, walnuts, pista whatever you like the most.
- Sprinkle the dried fruit instead of sprinkling sugar in the filling.
- Even instead of caramel you can use maple syrup to make the filling.
- Use dried cherries, and cranberries, instead of nuts.
- Even you can use, cooked bacon, chocolate chips, and use what you like.
Once after making the pecan cinnamon rolls You can store them in a cool dry place at room temperature by placing them in an air-tight container that can be stored for up to 3 days. If you think that you want to store them for a more long time you can store them in the refrigerator by placing them in an airtight container that will help you store them for up to 1 week.
Do this only if you have leftovers. Enjoy the fresh ones as they will taste delicious. Even when you are storing it always cover it with plastic wrap and place it in a container that will help you to keep soft and moist.
You can also freeze the caramel pecan cinnamon rolls in the freezer for a long time. By freezing you can store them for up to 2 months. For that, we will have some simple steps to follow then you can freeze. Freezing it the way you like will not last for a long time.
- Take the cinnamon rolls and wrap them twice with cling wrap or aluminum foil.
- Then, place them in the freezer bags or in air-tight containers.
- Seal them tightly in case you place them in a freezer bag.
- Label the bag with your name and date.
- Then, place it in the freezer.
When you stored the caramel pecan cinnamon rolls in the refrigerator, at room temperature, or in the freezer. If we eat them hot they will taste good. So to reheat the frozen or stored caramel pecan cinnamon rolls, you can place them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, and enjoy that for your breakfast.
FAQs on Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
When you are eating caramel pecan cinnamon rolls you can serve bacon, coffee, or tea, or you can even dice fresh fruits. Even you can eat them alone but these are some of the best options to include as well.
You can thaw the frozen caramel pecan cinnamon rolls just by placing them in the refrigerator overnight. Even you can freeze the rolls before baking and same follow the same thawing process.
Once you see that the rolls rise, just poke them with your finger or fork, they should bounce back and it should not stick any dough to the fork then we can say that the rolls are proofed well.
As you have read the complete information that we have provided along with the Caramel pecan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe we hope you have enjoyed it and thinking to start doing it. Follow every single tip that was provided to get the best rolls. Still, if you have any doubts you can comment below. For other breakfast recipes like high protein vegan breakfasts and many more, check out our canfoodgobad.com website.