Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe: Make your favorite recipe at home with a low budget and it looks so fancy without any hard work. Try the restaurant-style Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi with some garlic and white wine.
This copycat recipe gives you the restaurant flavors and comfort. The buttery sauce and tender shrimp give the best taste to the dish.
If you follow the below-mentioned process, then you can easily cook a copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe. Along with the recipe, you can check the required ingredients, and how to store and reheat the dish on this page.
- Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Ingredients to Prepare Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
- What Type of Shrimp to Use for Shrimp Scampi?
- Can You Use Frozen Shrimp in Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi?
- How To Prepare Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe?
- Tips and Variations of Shrimp Scampi
- How to Store Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi?
- How To Reheat Shrimp Scampi?
- What is red lobster shrimp scampi made of?
- What is red shrimp at Red Lobster?
- Is Scampi a lobster?
It is always best to cook your favorite dishes at your home when compared to the outside foods. This copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi can be made with shrimp, butter, garlic and white wine. You need less than 30 minutes to make this copycat recipe.
After making the dish, you can serve it with pasta or green salad or a batch of Red Lobster Chedday Bay biscuits. The simple tip in the recipe is to cook the shrimp for a few minutes to keep them fresh and make the sauce, and return the shrimp to the pan and heat them a little bit.
The list and quantity of ingredients needed to make a copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe are along the lines:
- 1 pound medium-large shrimp: It is better to choose medium to large shrimp for a plump and juicy bite. The shrimp should be peeled and deveined before cooking.
- 2 tablespoons garlic: It is the main ingredient in the dish with rich and nutty goodness. Mince the garlic and saute in the oil to get the best flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups white wine: A splash of white wine is needed for a richer taste.
- 1/2 cup softened butter: Butter is another key ingredient in the recipe. It melts into a rich sauce that coats the tender shrimp.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil: Oil is essential for cooking shrimp and garlic. Use high-quality olive oil to bring the best taste that elevates the flavors of this dish.
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice: The zesty kick contrasts the rich flavors and sharp garlic.
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese: Sprinkle the grated cheese on the cooked shrimp for a cheesy garnish.
The type of shrimp to use for shrimp scampi can be of your choice. The different shrimps available in the stores are fresh, frozen, pre-cooked, tails on or tails off. But the best type of shrimp to choose for making shrimp scampi is large, and fresh shrimp that are deveined, cleaned, and taken out of the shell. Bigger shrimp have a meatier bite and won’t overcook quickly like small prawns. They are even easy to clean at home.
The fresh shrimp is the best rather than the frozen one. If you use frozen shrimp, then just follow the instructions to thaw them first.
Deveining is the process of removing the black gut or vein that runs through the center of every shrimp. You can easily devein shrimp at home if you don’t have pre-deveined shrimp. Just draw a line along the back of the shrimp from head to tail using a sharp knife. Then pull out the black line carefully. You can even run it under cold water to clean it.
Yes, you can use frozen shrimp in Red Lobster shrimp scampi as long as they are fully thawed and cleaned before cooking. Cooking frozen shrimp often results in rubbery and overcooked meat.
Frozen shrimp is convenient because they are already peeled and deveined. So, it needs lesser preparation. To thaw the shrimp, place the container in the fridge overnight. Or place the frozen shrimp in a large container of cold water and leave them for about 10-15 minutes.
Don’t use room temperature or warm water as it leads to food poisoning. So, always use thawed and cold shrimp.
The following are the directions to make Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi copycat recipe.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Once the shrimp is cooked, please remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat, then add the minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir constantly to keep it from burning.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice to the skillet and stir them continuously. Scrape all bits of the dish from the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer until the liquids are reduced by half. Add the Italian seasoning to the thickened mixture.
- Lower the heat and add the softened butter. Stir until silky and glossy.
- Add the pre-cooked shrimp to the skillet with the sauce, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serve the shrimp with grated Parmesan cheese.
- You can also serve this dish with pasta, roasted broccoli, or cheesy polenta.
The valuable tips to prepare red lobster shrimp scampi are provided here:
- Don’t overcook your shrimp. Try to cook shrimp for 2 minutes on each side. Overcooked shrimp becomes soggy, so take all shrimp pieces out of the pan after 2 minutes.
- Don’t burn the garlic. Because burnt garlic tastes bitter and can ruin the dish.
- While adding butter to the skillet, reduce the heat. If the skillet is too hot, then the fat in the butter separates easily. If the fat separates, then you will get a liquid broth with fat flowing on top.
Add slices of cherry tomatoes, capers, and olives for a more Mediterranean vibe to the dish. Add a bit of heavy cream and a divine creamy shrimp sauce for pasta.
You can store the leftover shrimp in the fridge for 2 to 3 days and in the freezer for more days. The directions to store the Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi are here.
Allow the prepared shrimp to cool completely at room temperature. This means your dish should not be warm. Then transfer it into an airtight container. Seal the container with a lid and place it in the refrigerator. In this way, you can store the shrimp scampi for at least 2 full days.
you can reheat the stored shrimp scampi in three different. And all of them are simple and work well. The methods of reheating shrimp scampi are listed here:
Heating the cool shrimp scampi on the pan is the traditional way of reheating it. It is the simplest option. So, add leftover shrimp to the pan over medium heat and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir the sauce continuously to avoid it sticking to the pan, and add a splash of chicken broth or white wine if needed.
If you want to reheat even pasta, then it is best to heat the pasta with the sauce first. Then add the shrimp once it is hot, don’t overcook.
You can use a microwave to reheat the shrimp scampi. Place the leftovers in a microwave-safe container and add a splash of water. And cover the container with a lid. Heat the shrimp for 1 or 2 minutes to get ready.
If you want to use the oven for reheating the shrimp scampi, just preheat the oven and transfer the leftovers in to an oil-greased baking dish. Add a splash of chicken broth and white wine to keep it from drying out. Then cover the container and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
FAQs on Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Red lobster shrimp scampi is made with shrimp, butter, garlic and white wine.
A skewer of wild-caught Argentine red shrimp, fire-grilled and served over rice.
Yes, scampi is an edible lobster.
Hoping that the details mentioned here about Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe are helpful for you. If you have all the needed ingredients, then it is easy to cook the shrimp scampi at your home with low budget. The only thing you have to remember is don’t overcook shrimp. Get in touch with our site to know more similar recipes.