How To Tell If Oat Milk Is Bad?: If you have an opened oat milk bottle past its date, then you may think about how to tell if oat milk is bad. Or you have unopened oat milk in the fridge for more days, and you are wondering can oat milk goes and what is its shelf life.
The better storage system is useful to sit the oat milk in the fridge for up to 1 week. Get to know more about how long do oat milk last, signs of spoilage, and other surprising facts from this page.
- How To Tell If Oat Milk Is Bad?
- How Long It’s Opened
- How Long Does Oat Milk Last?
- How Long Does Oat Milk Last After Opening?
- How To Store Oat Milk?
- Can You Drink Expired Oat Milk?
- Interesting Facts About Oat Milk
- Does unopened oat milk need to be refrigerated?
- What does bad oat milk taste like?
- How long does oat milk last in the fridge?
- What to do with expired oat milk?
How To Tell If Oat Milk Is Bad?
Oat milk is a healthy drink which you can include in your daily diet plan. Here we are giving simple techniques to tell that oat milk is spoiled. Pout the oat milk into a glass and observe these indications, if you found bad, then discard it.
- Texture: If your oat milk texture is not smooth, it’s lumpy, thick, or slim, it is not safe to drink.
- Color: The fresh oat milk is in creamy white color. If your milk has changed its color, then throw it outside.
- Smell: If your oat milk smells sour or bad, then it is a sign of spoilage.
- Mold: If you observe any indication of mold on oat milk, then discard it.
- How Long It’s Opened: If it is kept open for more than two weeks and not stored properly, then throw it outside.
It is important to remember that the quality of oat milk decreases randomly over time. So if you want to enjoy the fresh drink, then consume the whole within 4 days after opening.
How Long Does Oat Milk Last?
The unopened oat milk package stays good for 3 to 6 months after the best-by date in the pantry. When it is refrigerated, then it might have more shelf life. Every oat milk pack comes with a best-by date on the label which is 9 to 12 months after the manufacture date.
You have to drink the opened oat milk within 5 to 10 days after storing it in the refrigerator. The chilled cartoon oat milk shelf life is much fewer than the shelf stable oat milk. The following table represents the life span of oat milk in the pantry as well as the fridge.
|Oat milk (shelf-stable)||Best-by + 3 – 6 months|
|Oat milk (chilled carton)||Sell-by + 5 – 7 days|
|Oat milk (opened)||5 – 10 days|
How Long Does Oat Milk Last After Opening?
Experts recommend finishing the opened oat milk within 4 to 7 days. And it is better to use the drink before the expiration date. To experience the real and fresh oat milk taste, you need to drink the oat milk before the date on the label.
We all know that oat milk is strained blended oats with water, but different companies add other ingredients. Those differences in ingredients and making process affect the oat milk shelf life when it is been opened. This is the main reason why few brands will last for 7 days while other oat milk lasts for 4 days.
How To Store Oat Milk?
There are 2 varieties of oat milk i.e shelf-stable and refrigerated. The unopened shelf-stable oat milk pack will last for 6 months in the pantry after the expiration date. The simplest way to store the unopened oat milk is to place it in the pantry or kitchen countertop.
Once opened, place the pack in the refrigerator like other dairy products. Shelf stable oat milk doesn’t require low temperatures to stay its quality. While chilled cartoon oat milk always required chilly temperatures (fridge). The opened chilled cartoon oat milk must pour into an airtight container and then refrigerated.
Can You Drink Expired Oat Milk?
Yes, you can drink expired shelf-stable oat milk if it is 1 or 2 days after the best by date. In this case, the quality and taste of the milk may not be great. But you can’t drink chilled kind oat milk after 2 weeks ago.
Interesting Facts About Oat Milk
Every important thing you need to know about oat milk is listed here:
- Oat milk is healthy-ish.
- It probably won’t make you gain weight.
- It is not associated with any of the major allergens.
- Oat milk can power you up more than cow’s milk can.
- Oat milk has various nutritional facts and health benefits.
FAQs on Can Oat Milk Go Bad
1. Does unopened oat milk need to be refrigerated?
No, you don’t need to refrigerate oat milk. Because the pack has an airtight seal which allows retaining the quality for more days in the pantry until it’s opened.
2. What does bad oat milk taste like?
The bad oat milk tastes sour.
3. How long does oat milk last in the fridge?
The opened or chilled oat milk lasts for 5 to 10 days in the fridge. Ans shelf-stable oat milk will last about a few months after the expiration date.
4. What to do with expired oat milk?
It is not safe to drink bad or expired oat milk. It is better to discard the oat milk if you found any signs of spoilage.
In a Nutshell
We thought that the data provided here about How To Tell If Oat Milk Is Bad? are useful to some extent. Read this complete page to know other details such as oat milk storage conditions, shelf life, and so on. If you have any doubts, you can tell us in the comment section. Stay in touch with our site for more information on various food products, fruits, vegetables, and drinks.