Can Almond Milk Go Bad?: Are you searching for a milk alternative that with tastier and healthier? Almond milk is the best option. Do you know how can almond milk go bad or how long it lasts? and more about almond milk. If not let’s check it over here.
We have come up with an ultimate guide on does Almond milk goes bad, its shelf life, signs of spoilage, storage tips, fun facts, etc. Continue your read till it ends.
- Can Almond Milk Go Bad?
- How To Store Almond Milk
- How Long Almond Milk Lasts
- How To Tell If Almond Milk Is Bad
- Interesting Facts About Almond Milk
- FAQs on Does Almond Milk Go Bad – Shelf Life, Storage Tips & Signs of Spoilage
- Is it OK to drink almond milk after the expiration date?
- What happens if you drink old almond milk?
- How long does it take for almond milk to go bad?
Yes, Almond milk goes bad just like normal ones. Both shelf-stable and refrigerated milk can go bad as it lasts more than the refrigerator.
If you have these three things in your almond milk then it’s time to discard it. They are like mold, smell sour, change in quality, and have extra storage time. If your almond milk is affected by any of the spoilage, that means it has spoiled, and throw it out.
Storing almond milk can depend on the brands and their instructions. You may find only one of the favorite brands to enjoy almond milk. If it was unopened almond milk, then store the left as per the guidelines instructed by the manufacturer on the package.
Mostly, all brands suggest the carton of almond milk in a cool place ie., in the pantry. Some may recommend the refrigerator that works best for that particular brand-based almond milk.
When it comes to the uninstructed cartons or cans of almond milk, then go with the storage method that is used by the store. If you pick up the almond milk from the refrigerator section then store it in the fridge, if it is from the pantry rack then keep it in the same way at home.
If you open the milk then store it in the fridge and seal it tightly no matter which brand you hold.
If your store-bought dairy-free milk like almond comes in a resealable carton then storing the leftover milk is so easy. If not, take the airtight container or pitcher transfer the milk into it, and store it again.
If you want to look for storage tips for homemade almond milk then follow the points. Homemade almond milk should be stored in the fridge and make sure you use fresh almonds, not the bad ones while preparing.
The shelf life of unopened almond milk is the best by the date printed on the packet plus one to two days not more than that. If the storage method is quite good then it may last for at least a few more weeks.
But remember to verify the almond milk spoilage signs always when you take a sip or glass or two.
When it comes to the opened cartons, the leftovers should be finished within a week. Also, you get to see the estimated period on the packaging which lasts between 2-10 days.
The more preservatives it includes stays for a longer time. But we suggest you consume it before it starts to deteriorate fast and probably goes bad.
|Almond milk (shelf-stable, unopened)
|Best by + 1 – 2 months
|Almond milk (shelf-stable, opened)
|7 – 10 days
|Homemade almond milk
|3 – 4 days
|Almond milk (refrigerated, unopened)
|Use-by + 5 – 7 days
|Almond milk (refrigerated, opened)
Download the image and share it on your social handles to spread awareness about the shelf life of almond milk.
If you face any of the signs discussed here while checking the almond milk before consuming it, just throw it out right away:
- When the almond milk is stored in the cartons and not yet opened but still bloating from that then it may get damaged for any reason which leads to spoilage.
- Common yet standard spoilage signs are smell and taste. At the time of examining almond milk try to pour it into a glass and check for the signs.
- The easiest signs to spot spoiled almond milk are a change in texture and visual.
- Do check for the curdled or thick parts on the surface of almond milk. Also, ensure that the consistency of the liquid is perfect.
Down we have shared a few facts regarding almond milk. Take a sneak peek and gain some helpful knowledge about the health benefits and nutritional values of almond milk. They are as fashioned:
- One of the best benefits of almond milk is consuming fats from a healthier source.
- Almond milk is high in vitamin E and low in carbohydrates, protein, and riboflavin than dairy milk.
- The vitamin E contained in almond milk reduces the risk of severe health issues like stroke, heart disease, and even cancer.
- The drawback of consuming almond milk daily leads to weight gain due to the more sugar and calories included in the sweetened and unsweetened almond milk types.
Not absolutely ok to drink unopened or opened almond milk after the expiration date. If the almond milk is in shelf-stable packaging then somewhat safe to consume far past the expiry date when it’s unopened.
If you need opened ones then check whether their taste has deteriorated or not if yes, still safe to drink.
Bacteria is the most responsible one to go bad any dairy-free products like milk, almond milk, or others. If you suddenly consume expired almond milk then your stomach is filled with bad bacteria which may cause stomach upset, diarrhea, and vomiting problems.
If the almond milk is more rancid then it leads to severe food poisoning.
Get the answer to How long it takes for almond milk to go bad from the above guide and also check the other needful information about almond milk shelf life, tips to store it fresh, and spoilage signs.
Hoping that the details furnished above concerning Can Almond Milk Go Bad have inspired you to some extent. Simply you can also get knowledge about other nondairy drinks storing tips and shelf life from our main page at Canfoodgobad.com.