How Long Does Applesauce Last: Applesauce is a popular treat in the western world, and also it is a favorite of kids and adults. It is always best to understand the shelf life of the foods that we eat and safety should always be a priority. By finding a jar of applesauce in the pantry for a year or two, you may wonder if it is still good or not. Depending on the storage that we store it will last much longer than the expiry date. Look into the article, to know important information about the shelf life of applesauce like does applesauce go bad or not, how long apple juice last, how to store it properly, and many more provided.
- Does Apple Sauce Go Bad?
- How Long Does Applesauce Last?
- How To Store Applesauce?
- Can You Freeze Applesauce?
- Interesting Facts To Know About Applesauce
- How do I know if applesauce has gone bad?
- How long after the expiration date you can eat applesauce?
- Does applesauce go bad in the fridge?
Yes, applesauce can go bad like all other food items made from fruits. And also applesauce will get spoiled if not stored properly for too long. The homemade sauce will last longer, and also more than that store-bought sauce will longer if you store it properly as they will use some preservatives that will help to prolong its shelf life. But it will be good only till it was sealed, once it is opened, the product will start to degrade and after some days it will go bad. Even sealed bottles also can be stored only until the expiry date or best before the date.
Store-bought apple sauce always comes with the best-by date or expiry date labeled on its packaging. By these dates, there will be some idea that how many days it is good to consume. By storing the applesauce properly you can store it for a long time. Here we will look into the table to know how long we can store the applesauce in the pantry and fridge.
|Up to 7 days or what the package indicates
|Best-by date + 1 to 4 months
|5 to 7 days
We all came to know that as we mentioned above, applesauce can go bad. And when it goes bad, there are some signs that will help you to know that it has gone bad and it is not good to consume. Here below we are going to provide that signs will help you to know if the apple sauce is gone bad or not.
- Firstly, check out whether the condition of the jar is good or not, if you see any oil leaking from the jar or if the jar is damaged, then it is a sign that applesauce has gone bad, and it’s time to toss it out.
- Another sign is that, if you find any mold growth on the surface of the apple sauce, then it’s time to discard it.
- By smelling the apple sauce you can know if that is good or not when you smell sauce if you get them off smell rather than the sweet aroma, you need to toss it out.
- Another important sign is to check the change in color. If the sauce turns brownish then the quality starts deteriorating. Discard off when you find the change in color.
Storing the applesauce properly ensures that the sauce will last longer. And we are going to provide you with tips and tricks to follow to store it properly. Below are the tips.
- Always place the sauce in a cool, dark place because heat and sunlight can make apple sauce go bad quickly. Always store it in the pantry or in the cabinet.
- Keep the seal tightly after every use of it. Most applesauce comes in an air-tight container, but if the container is not able to seal change it to a sealable container.
- Always scoop the sauce with a clean and dry spoon. It will help you to prevent the sauce from molds.
- As store-bought sauce contains preservatives, to extend its life it is always better to refrigerate once it is opened.
Yes, you can freeze the applesauce in the freezer, so that it will last more months even if the sauce is past the date. When you place it in the freezer, simply pour the sauce into the container and seal it tightly then place it in the freezer. You can also preserve it in cubes. But thawing the applesauce may change its texture. So based on that you store where you want.
We are going to provide you with some unknown facts about applesauce. Below are the facts.
- You can use applesauce as a substitute for fat like butter or oil in baking.
- As applesauce is high in pectin, and if it is homemade it will help you to combat diarrhea.
- Applesauce helps you to promote good digestion.
- One bushel of apples will make between 20-24 quarts of applesauce.
FAQs on Can Applesauce Go Bad
If you smell the applesauce with an off odor and there is a change in flavor, appearence and if there is mold growth, then these are the signs that applesauce has gone bad.
If it is properly stored, and unopened, applesauce can be sold unrefrigerated they will stay for upto 12 to 18 months after the date on the package if it is stored at room temperature.
Yes, but applesauce can be stored in teh fridge for upto 6 days if it is homemade and if it is store-bought you can store it for 14 days. After that, it will go bad.
Hoping that the knowledge we have shared about how long applesauce last will help you a lot and if you store it properly by following all the tips and tricks, you can store it for a long time. Use your sauce within the periods that we have discussed in this article, or as instructed on the label when it is at its best. For more interesting articles, check out our website canfoodgobad.com and also bookmark our site for the latest updates.